The New Brunswick Health Research Foundation (NBHRF) and Alzheimer’s Society of Canada (ASC) are pleased to offer the following opportunity:
THE ALZHEIMER SOCIETY RESEARCH PROGRAM POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS SUPPORTED BY THE NBHRF AND ASC
These awards are for graduates with a PhD or MD who wish to gain additional research experience in Alzheimer’s disease preferably in an established research environment that is not the one in which they gained their PhD or MD. The value of postdoctoral fellowships is $41,500/year for PhDs and $51,500/year for MD for a period of two years. These fellowship awards include a $2,500/year research allowance.
To be eligible, the applicant:
· must be within 18 months of obtaining their PhD degree at the time of the application deadline
· not have already received, or completed, or already in receipt of a postdoctoral fellowship or its equivalent.
· Be affiliated with a New Brunswick university or research institution
Candidates must apply to the ASRP regular research grants competition. Candidates must also notify NBHRF of their ASRP application by email and attach to it all documents and materials submitted to the regular ASRP competition. The ASRP/NBHRF will make awards to the top-ranked applicants and will work with institutions in New Brunswick to administer awards.
Application Instructions At-A-Glance
1. Complete the regular ASRP grant application via the ASRP website
Applicants will be required to meet the eligibility requirements of and follow the ASRP grant application process as outlined on the ASRP website at http://www.alzheimer.ca/en/Research/Alzheimer-Society-Research-Program/How-to-apply#DynamicId_4.
Deadline each year is normally the first week of November.
2. NBHRF Requirements and Common CV
- The ASRP Postdoctoral Fellowship applicants are to advise NBHRF by email at firstname.lastname@example.org of submission of their application, and attach to the email the documentation submitted with the ASRP grant application
- A completed Common CV must be created (and/or updated) in the Canadian Common CV system using the template entitled "NBHRF Template" for the applicant as part of the ASRP/NBHRF postdoctoral fellowship application process. Using the CV Funding option, select Funding Source NBHRF, and then select CV TypeNBHRF Template. This is the version that must be sent to NBHRF by email. (email@example.com)
- Please note that a “Draft” CCV will not be accepted as part of your application. Please ensure that youemail the correct version of your CCV in your NBHRF application.
The peer review process of the ASRP will be utilized to assess the merit of applications submitted to the program. Notification letters will be issued by the Alzheimer’s Society of Canada.
For additional information or questions please contact:
New Brunswick Health Research Foundation
10 Knowledge Park Drive