The New Brunswick Health Research Foundation (NBHRF) and the Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute (BHCRI) are pleased to offer the following opportunities:
THE BEATRICE HUNTER CANCER RESEARCH INSTITUTE RESEARCH OPERATING AWARDS, GRADUATE AND POST DOCTORAL AWARDS AND STUDENTSHIP/INTERNSHIP AWARDS SUPPORTED BY THE NBHRF AND BHCRI
These Programs are intended to support cancer research. The BHCRI welcomes applications that are in basic, clinical and population health research in the cancer field.
Research Operating Awards
New Investigator Awards of $25,000 per year for up to 2 years, Bridge Funds of $25,000 per year for one year, Matching Funds of $25,000 per year for up to 3 years and Seed Funds of $10,000 per year for one year are offered to qualified researchers who are undertaking cancer research in the Province of New Brunswick.
Graduate and Post Doctoral Awards
Graduate awards (MSc and PhD) of $17,850 for 2 years and Post Doctoral awards of $36,750 for up to 2 years are offered to qualified researchers who are undertaking cancer research in the province of New Brunswick.
Studentship/Internship Awards - Studentship awards valued at up to $6,500 are offered to qualified researchers who are undertaking cancer research in the Province of New Brunswick. Award amounts are determined each year.
To be eligible, the applicant:
- Must have an academic or research appointment which allows the individual to pursue the proposed research project
- Must conduct research within a New Brunswick institution
- Must engage in independent research activities for the entire duration of the funding
Candidates must apply to the BHCRI’s regular research grants competition. Candidates must also notify NBHRF of their BHCRI application by email and attach to it all documents and materials submitted to the regular BHCRI competition. The NBHRF/BHCRI will co-fund all applications that have met both scientific meritorious and financial cut-off requirements and will work with institutions in New Brunswick to administer awards.
Application Instructions At-A-Glance
1. Complete the regular BHCRI grant application via the BHCRI website
Applicants will be required to meet the eligibility requirements of and follow the BHCRI grant application process as outlined on the BHCRI website at http://bhcri.ca/awards/
Application deadlines vary by award category. Specific details are outlined on the BHCRI website.
2. NBHRF Requirements and Common CV
- The BHCRI applicants are to advise NBHRF by email at email@example.com of submission of their application, and attach to the email the documentation submitted with the BHCRI grant application
- In addition to any BHCRI required CCV’s, a completed Common CV must be created (and/or updated) in the Canadian Common CV system using the template entitled "NBHRF Template" for the applicant as part of the NBHRF/BHCRI application process. Using the CV Funding option, select Funding Source NBHRF, and then selectCV Type NBHRF Template. This is the version that must be sent to NBHRF by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please note that a “Draft” CCV will not be accepted as part of your application. Please ensure that you email the correct version of your CCV in your NBHRF application.
BHCRI’s normal peer review process will be utilized to assess the merit of applications submitted to the program. Notification letters will be issued by the Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute.
Award Recipients are required to submit a Final Report within 90 days of the project end date by completing the NBHRF final report form found by logging into your NBHRF account. The signed financial statement from the institution and a summary project report must be attached in the “Final Report Attachments” section.
All fields of the report form must be completed accurately. If information is missing or incorrect, the report will be rejected and recipients will be instructed to redo it.
The award recipient will receive an automated email confirming submission of the report. The award recipient will also receive an email from the NBHRF Program Director indicating whether or not the final report is complete and accepted. If it is not complete, appropriate actions will be arranged.
Recipients who do not submit a final report or any other required documentation will be ineligible for future NBHRF research funding.