NBHRF has established a Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) matching fund to be utilized by New Brunswick institutions and researchers for health related research infrastructure. These funds can be utilized for up to $50,000 per project, and are to be used as matching funds for approved CFI Leaders Opportunity Fund, CFI New Initiatives Fund, and CFI Leading Edge Fund awards. Further information on CFI Programs is available at: https://www.innovation.ca/awards
Applicants are required to complete the NBHRF on-line application, submit a copy of their approved CFI application together with CFI approval letter and comments. Applicants must also submit a one page plain language project summary, one page explanation of the relevance of the project/program to health related research in New Brunswick, and information on and breakdown of other sources of funding for the project.
There is no application deadline for this program; decisions will normally be made within 8 weeks of submission of request.
- Applicants must have obtained CFI approval prior to submitting this application
- Grant applications must be completed & submitted online through the New Brunswick Health Research Foundation website.
- Completion and submission of a Canadian Common CV validated for NBHRF is required. It must be downloaded from the Common CV website and then uploaded as an attachment to the NBHRF application using the "Browse" button on the online application form.
- Your electronic signature page document (obtained by scanning the paper copy after signatures have been obtained) must be uploaded as an attachment using the "Browse" button on the application form. There is no need to submit the paper copy of the signature page; the electronic scanned version will be sufficient.
- Maximum funding available under this program is $50,000 per project.
Please ensure that your application is complete (including all required signatures and attachments).
The complete application must be submitted via the online process.
Page Setup and Format for Attachments
Margins: ¾" (2 cm)
Page: 8.5" x 11.0" (21.5 x 28.0 cm)
Font: 12 point
Spacing: No condensed type or spacing
Line Spacing: Single-spaced
Applicants are to ensure section numbers and headings are included as outlined below and that page limitations are respected.
1. Plain Language Project Summary
(Maximum 1 page)
2. Relevance of Project/Program to Health Research in New Brunswick
(Maximum 1 page)
3. Information on and Breakdown of Other Sources of Funding for the Project
(Amount, source, conditions)
A completed Common CV must be created (and/or updated) in the Canadian Common CV system as part of the application process. You will have to upload your CCV as a document through the "Browse" button on your application.
Copy of CFI Application , Approval Letter and Comments from CFI Review
Submit a copy of approved CFI application together with CFI approval letter and comments. You will have to upload these as a document through the "Browse" button on your application.
If your institution does not have a Vice President, please enter the name of the person who has the authority to bind the institution or organization to the general conditions governing grants and awards and have them sign the "Institution (To be signed by Vice President)" box.
Application Submission - Read Carefully
Ensure you review the application for completeness and accuracy prior to submitting as you will not have access for editing after you click the submit button.
Ensure that all attachments (files), CCVs and signature page are uploaded with your application using the "Browse" button prior to submission.
DO NOT submit your application prior to receiving the appropriate signatures. Save your application as a draft and return to it to complete it by putting a check mark in the boxes stating you have acquired these signatures. You can return to your application by signing in online, clicking the "application" link and using the edit button to complete your application. Once you have submitted your application the "edit" feature is no longer available.
You will receive an e-mail advising that your application has been received. In the e-mail you will also be given a unique application number, please ensure that you record this number for future reference.
NBHRF will respond to requests for CFI Matching Support within a maximum of 8 weeks of receipt of application.