The KRESCENT Program Post- Doctoral Fellowships is supported by the NBHRF and The Kidney
Foundation of Canada (KFOC)
The New Brunswick Health Research Foundation (NBHRF) and the Kidney Foundation of Canada (KFOC) are pleased to offer the following opportunity:
The KRESCENT program Post –Doctoral Fellowship is an “in-training” award intended for applicants with a PhD, MD or equivalent degree. The objective is to attract and foster young investigators to initiate and/or continue training in kidney research. The competition welcomes applications for Post-Doctoral Fellowships relevant to kidney research in all four major research themes: clinical, biomedical, health services and population health. The 2012-2017 Awards Competitions are expected to fund awards to the following maximum: MD - $65,000/year, PhD - $55,000/year. The duration of the Post-Doctoral Fellowship will be either two or three years, preference may be given to 3 year applications. The maximum period of support at the post-doctoral level is three years.
To be eligible, the applicant:
- Must be supervised by a faculty member at a New Brunswick University or Institute
- Must be enrolled in postdoctoral training and a New Brunswick institution and be conducting kidney research
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
Candidates must apply to the KFOC KRESCENT Program regular research grants competition. Candidates must also notify NBHRF of their KRESCENT application by email and attach all documents and materials submitted to the regular KRESCENT competition. The NBHRF/KRESCENT will make awards to the top ranked applicant and will work with institutions in New Brunswick to administer awards.
Application Instructions At-A-Glance
1. Complete the regular KRESCENT program grant application via the KFOC website
- Applicants will be required to meet the eligibility requirements of and follow the KFOC grant application process as outlined on the KFOC website at http://www.krescent.ca/page.aspx?pid=849. Deadline each year is normally February 15.
2. NBHRF Requirements and Common CV
- KFOC/NBHRF - KRESCENT Post Doctoral Fellowship applicants are to advise NBHRF by email at firstname.lastname@example.org of submission of their application, and attach to the email the documentation submitted with the KRESCENT Post Doctoral Fellowship application
- A completed Common CV must be created (and/or updated) in the Canadian Common CV system using the template entitled "NBHRF Template" for the applicant and their supervisor(s) as part of the KFOC/NBHRF – KRESCENT Post-Doctoral Fellowship application process. Using the CV Funding option, select Funding SourceNBHRF, and then select CV Type NBHRF Template. This is the version that must be sent to NBHRF by email (email@example.com).
- Please note that a “Draft” CCV will not be accepted as part of your application. Please ensure that you
- upload the correct version of your CCV in your NBHRF application.
The peer review process of the KFOC and/or the KRESCENT Program will be utilized to assess the merit of applications submitted to the program. Notification letters will be issued by The Kidney Foundation of Canada. The award will normally commence on July 1 and will run for the eligible duration.