The Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada Studentship Awards supported by the NBHRF and MSSOC
The New Brunswick Health Research Foundation (NBHRF) and Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada (MSSOC) are pleased to offer the following opportunity:
THE MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS SOCIETY OF CANADA STUDENTSHIP AWARDS SUPPORTED BY THE NBHRF AND MSSOC
Masters’ awards of $18,000 for 1 year, renewable for up to 3 years and Doctoral awards of $20,000 ($48,500 for MD’s) for one year, renewable for up to 3 years are offered to qualified researchers who are undertaking research in areas related to Multiple Sclerosis in the Province of New Brunswick.
To be eligible, the applicant:
- Must be working towards a Masters, PhD or related degrees pertaining to research in MS at a New Brunswick institution
- Must be responsible to an appropriate supervisor at a New Brunswick institution who is in a field relevant to MS
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
Candidates must apply to the MSSOC’s regular research grants competition. Candidates must also notify NBHRF of their MSSOC application by email and attach to it all documents and materials submitted to the regular MSSOC competition. The NBHRF/MSSOC will make awards to the top-ranked applicant and will work with institutions in New Brunswick to administer awards.
Application Instructions At-A-Glance
1. Complete the regular MSSOC grant application via the MSSOC website
Applicants will be required to meet the eligibility requirements of and follow the MSSOC grant application process as outlined on the MSSOC website at https://beta.mssociety.ca/information-for-researchers/funding-opportunities
Deadline each year is normally October 1st. .
2. NBHRF Requirements and Common CV
- The MSSOC Studentship Award applicants are to advise NBHRF by email at firstname.lastname@example.org of submission of their application, and attach to the email the documentation submitted with the MSSOC grant application
- A completed Common CV must be created (and/or updated) in the Canadian Common CV system using the template entitled "NBHRF Template" for the applicant as part of the NBHRF/MSSOC studentship award application process. Using the CV Funding option, select Funding Source NBHRF, and then select CV Type NBHRF Template. This is the version that must be sent to NBHRF by email (email@example.com).
- Please note that a “Draft” CCV will not be accepted as part of your application. Please ensure that you
- email the correct version of your CCV in your NBHRF application.
The peer review process of the MSSOC will be utilized to assess the merit of applications submitted to the program. Notification letters will be issued by Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada.
For additional information or questions please contact:
New Brunswick Health Research Foundation
10 Knowledge Park Drive