The KRESCENT Program New Investigator Awards is supported by the NBHRF and The Kidney Foundation of Canada (KFOC)
The New Brunswick Health Research Foundation (NBHRF) and the Kidney Foundation of Canada (KFOC) are pleased to offer the following opportunity:
The KRESCENT program New Investigator Award is awarded to individuals who have clearly demonstrated excellence during their pre-doctoral and post-doctoral training in kidney disease. The Award provides salary support for up to three years of the faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor or its equivalent at a Canadian University. The purpose of this award is to assist such an individual to become established as a fully independent investigator in the field of kidney disease. The 2012-2017 Awards Competitions are expected to fund awards to the following maximum: MD - $70,000 stipend/year, PhD - $60,000 stipend/year. The award will normally commence on July 1 and will run for the eligible duration.
To be eligible, the applicant:
- Must hold a faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor or its equivalent at a New Brunswick based University and be conducting kidney research
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
Candidates must apply to the KFOC KRESCENT Program regular research grants competition. Candidates must also notify NBHRF of their KRESCENT application by email and attach all documents and materials submitted to the regular KRESCENT competition. The NBHRF/KRESCENT will make awards to the top ranked applicant and will work with institutions in New Brunswick to administer awards.
Application Instructions At-A-Glance
1. Complete the regular KRESCENT grant application via the KFOC website.
- Applicants will be required to meet the eligibility requirements of and follow the KFOC grant application process as outlined on the KFOC website at http://www.krescent.ca/page.aspx?pid=850. Deadline each year is normally February 15.
2. NBHRF Requirements and Common CV
- KFOC/NBHRF KRESCENT New Investigator Award applicants are to advise NBHRF by email at email@example.com of submission of their application, and attach to the email the documentation submitted with the KRESCENT New Investigator Award application
- A completed Common CV must be created (and/or updated) in the Canadian Common CV system using the template entitled "NBHRF Template" for the applicant and their supervisor(s) as part of the KFOC/NBHRF - KRESCENT New Investigator Award application process. Using the CV Funding option, select Funding SourceNBHRF, and then select CV Type NBHRF Template. This is the version that must be sent to NBHRF by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please note that a “Draft” CCV will not be accepted as part of your application. Please ensure that you
- upload the correct version of your CCV in your NBHRF application.
The peer review process of the KFOC and/or the KRESCENT Program will be utilized to assess the merit of applications submitted to the program. Notification letters will be issued by The Kidney Foundation of Canada.