The New Brunswick Health Research Foundation (NBHRF) and Crohn’s and Colitis Canada (CCC) are pleased to offer the following opportunity:
THE CROHN’S AND COLITIS CANADA INNOVATIONS in IBD RESEARCH GRANT PROGRAM SUPPORTED BY THE NBHRF AND CCC
This program is intended to fund novel or innovative approaches to Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) research. Proposals must confirm to sound principles of research and may aim to collect pilot data for follow-up applications. Grants to a maximum of $50,000 for one year may be awarded.
To be eligible, the applicant:
- Must have an academic or research appointment which allows the individual to pursue the proposed research project to engage in independent research activities
- Must conduct research within a New Brunswick institution
- Must engage in independent research activities for the entire duration of the funding and be able to supervise trainees and publish research activities
Candidates must apply to the CCC Innovations Grant competition. Candidates must also notify NBHRF of their CCC application by email and attach to it all documents and materials submitted to the regular CCC competition. The CCC/NBHRF will make awards to applications rated 3.5 or higher and will work with institutions in New Brunswick to administer awards.
Application Instructions At-A-Glance
1. Complete the regular CCC grant application via the CCC website
Applicants will be required to meet the eligibility requirements of and follow the CCC grant application process as outlined on the CCC website at http://www.crohnsandcolitis.ca/Research/Information-for-researchers#innovations
Deadline each year is normally January 20th.
2. NBHRF Requirements and Common CV
- The CCC Innovations Grant applicants are to advise NBHRF by email at of submission of their application, and attach to the email the documentation submitted with the CCC grant application.
- A completed Common CV must be created (and/or updated) in the Canadian Common CV system using the template entitled "NBHRF Template" for the applicant as part of the CCC/NBHRF grants in aid of research application process. Using the CV Funding option, select Funding Source NBHRF, and then select CV Type NBHRF Template. This is the version that must be sent to NBHRF by email. ( )
- Please note that a “Draft” CCV will not be accepted as part of your application. Please ensure that you email the correct version of your CCV in your NBHRF application.
The peer review process of the CCC will be utilized to assess the merit of applications submitted to the program. Notification letters will be issued by Crohn’s and Colitis Canada.
For additional information or questions please contact:
New Brunswick Health Research Foundation
10 Knowledge Park Drive