The New Brunswick Health Research Foundation (NBHRF) and Prostate Cancer Canada (PCC) are pleased to offer the following opportunities:
PROSTATE CANCER CANADA GRADUATE STUDENTSHIPS, RISING STARS AND DISCOVERY GRANTS SUPPORTED BY THE NBHRF AND PCC.
These Programs are intended to support prostate cancer research. PCC welcomes applications from scientists engaged in the study of cause, prevention and treatment of prostate cancer and maintaining quality of life after a prostate cancer diagnosis.
Graduate Studentships (Doctoral Awards) of $40,000 per year for 1 year, Rising Stars of $150,000 per year for 3 years, and Discovery Grants of $200,000 per project for 2 years are offered to qualified researchers who are undertaking prostate cancer research in the Province of New Brunswick.
To be eligible, the applicant:
- Must have an academic or research appointment which allows the individual to pursue the proposed research project
- Must conduct research within a New Brunswick institution
- Must engage in independent research activities for the entire duration of the funding
Candidates must apply to the PCC research grants and awards competitions. Candidates must also notify NBHRF of their PCC application by email and attach to it all documents and materials submitted to the regular PCC competition. The NBHRF/PCC will co-fund all applications that have met both scientific meritorious and financial cut-off requirements and will work with institutions in New Brunswick to administer awards.
Application Instructions At-A-Glance
1. Complete the regular PCC grant application via the PCC website
Applicants will be required to meet the eligibility requirements of and follow the PCC grant application process as outlined on the PCC website at http://prostatecancer.ca/Research/Information-for-Scientists/2013-14-Key-Dates#.Uymq9JVOXmI
The deadline each year is normally September for Rising Star and Graduate Scholarship Awards, and February for Discovery Grants.
2. NBHRF Requirements and Common CV
- PCC applicants are to advise NBHRF by email at email@example.com of submission of their application, and attach to the email the documentation submitted with the PCC grant application
- In addition to any PCC required CCV’s, a completed Common CV must be created (and/or updated) in the Canadian Common CV system using the template entitled "NBHRF Template" for the applicant as part of the NBHRF/PCC application process. Using the CV Funding option, select Funding Source NBHRF, and then select CV Type NBHRF Template.This is the version that must be sent to NBHRF by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please note that a “Draft” CCV will not be accepted as part of your application. Please ensure that you email the correct version of your CCV in your NBHRF application.
PCC’s normal peer review process will be utilized to assess the merit of applications submitted to the program. Notification letters will be issued by Prostate Cancer Canada.
For additional information or questions please contact:
New Brunswick Health Research Foundation
30 Knowledge Park Drive, Suite 100
Fredericton, NB E3C 2R2