The Research Workshop Support fund is to assist in capacity building by way of financially supporting a workshop organizer by funding or partially funding a workshop. The workshop must be one with tangible outcomes addressing health research subject matters.
- Grant applications must be completed (including all fields with an asterisk (*) if the required fields are not filled out your application will not be processed for review) & submitted online through the New Brunswick Health Research Foundation website 60 days prior to the event. No additional documents will be accepted prior to or after the submission deadline.
- Completion and submission of a Canadian Common CV using the template entitled "NBHRF Template" by the applicant is required. It must be downloaded from the Common CV website and then uploaded as an attachment to the NBHRF application using the " Choose Files " button on the online application form. Each CV must be uploaded separately.
- Your electronic signature page document (obtained by scanning the paper copy after signatures have been obtained) must be uploaded separately as an attachment using the " Choose Files " button on the application form and named “signature page”. There is no need to submit the paper copy of the signature page; the electronic scanned version will be sufficient.
- Research Workshop Support grants are for a maximum of $5000.
*Page setup and format for attachments
Margins: ¾" (2 cm)
Page: 8.5" x 11.0" (21.5 x 28.0 cm)
Font: 12 point
Spacing: No condensed type or spacing
Line Spacing: Single-spaced
- *Background to the problem being addressed and statement of need.
(Maximum one (1) page)
- *Summary of objectives of the workshop, expected tangible outcomes, and methods for evaluating the success of the workshop. also indicate source(s) and amount(s) of any other funding. (Maximum two (2) pages)
- *Workshop organization (organizing committee etc.) (Maximum one (1) page)
- Meeting structure (title of sessions/plenary sessions/focus of breakouts etc.) (Maximum two (2) pages)
- *Invited attendees (keynote speakers, speakers, other attendees) and rationale for their inclusion. (Maximum two (2) pages)
- Budget justification ( Management or administrative charges or fees are not permissible expenses.) (Maximum one (1) page).Fees for Speakers are not eligible expenses.
- Common CV A completed Common CV must be created (and/or updated) in the Canadian Common CV system as part of the NBHRF Workshop Support Grant application process. Using the CV Funding option, select Funding Source NBHRF, and then select CV Type NBHRF Template. You will have to upload your CCV as a document through the “Choose Files” button on your application. Please note that a “Draft” CCV will not be accepted as part of your application. Please ensure that you upload the correct version of your CCV in your NBHRF application.
- Signatures If your institution does not have a Vice President, please enter the name of the person who has the authority to bind the institution or organization to the general conditions governing grants and awards and have them sign the "Institution (To be signed by Vice President)" box.
Before submitting the online application return to the above section and ensure all these documents are uploaded in your online form.
Application Submission- Read Carefully
Ensure you review the application for completeness (including all fields with an asterisk (*) & Short Abstract) and accuracy prior to submitting as you will not have access for editing after you click the submit button.
Ensure that all attachments (files), CCVs and signature page are uploaded with your application using the “Choose Files” button prior to submission.
DO NOT submit your application prior to receiving the appropriate signatures. The signature information is the last section of the application. Once entered ensure to “Save Draft”. Print your PDF (go to View scroll to the bottom of the page and click on View PDF). You may logout of the application at this time. Your information will be saved because you clicked "Save Draft". Obtain the required signatures on the page, scan it and log back into your account. Click the "Edit" button on your Portfolio page. Click the “Choose Files” button under "Application Details Attachments" and upload the scanned signature page. Click the Signature Acquired boxes.
It is important that you obtain signatures BEFORE you submit this application. After you perform the Final Submit, you will not be able to make changes. You must review your application with each of the primary stakeholders and obtain their signatures. The signature on the pdf signature page must match the Signature Acquired name entered on the online application. (Example: You realized (or been told) that you have an incorrect name entered on your pdf for signature; you can strike out the original name and write in the appropriate name on your pdf form, and get the appropriate person to sign, HOWEVER, before submitting your application, you must return to that field in your online application and change the entry to the same name and title of the person who has signed.
If you are finished your application, click "Submit", if you wish to make any other changes or additions, click "Save Draft" and make those changes. You will receive an e-mail advising that your application has been received. In the e-mail you will also be given a unique application number, please ensure that you record this number for future reference.
NBHRF will respond to requests for Workshop Support within a maximum of 30 days of receipt of application.
Grant Recipients are required to submit a Final Report within 90 days of the project end date by completing the NBHRF final report form found by logging into your NBHRF account. The Financial Statement for the award from the institution's financial office must be attached as an " NBHRF Attachment".